The management of the patient’s medications, prescribed by the physician and when taken correctly as prescribed, supports the healing of the patient. Knowledge of the patient’s medication and medication regimen at home provides a key element to the physician’s care of the patient.
A Licensed visiting staff from Blossom Healthcare Inc may administer prescribed medicines as ordered by the physician while moving towards the goal of the patient achieving safe self-administration.
Medication Management Home Care Program Goals
- Decrease drug interactions, adverse effects, and non-compliance
- The patient and/or caregiver will understand the medication administration as ordered
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Medical and surgical diagnoses
Medication Management Home Care Services
- Assess for adequate social and community support for medication compliance
- Educate patient and patient’s family on proper dosage, frequency, and side effects
- Evaluate therapeutic response to medication(s)
- Assess the effectiveness of pain management
- Coordinate with the patient’s physician and pharmacist for optimum benefit and positive outcomes from the course of treatment
- Assess for duplicate medications
- Assist in developing medication schedule/process to enhance compliance
- Review medication regime (complete listing of all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines found in the home)
- Assess for drug interactions adherence
FREE Home Care Consultation &/or Assessment
Need help but not sure where to start? Wondering which healthcare services are right for you or whether our services are provided in your area? We can help. Request a FREE, no obligation, HealthCare Consultation & Needs Assessment by a Blossom HealthCare Inc nurse today! Our nurse will evaluate your situation and propose a personal care plan to meet your specific needs.